Monday, January 10, 2011

A Story of Hope

Happy New Year!!

During the month of January, we are focusing on this year's EW conference theme of HOPE!

Recently, we came across this beautiful devotional written by the Executive Director of Proverbs 31 Ministries. Additionally exciting is the fact that Lysa TerKeurst, founder and President of Proverbs 31 Ministries is among the group of beautiful women who will be speaking at EW events this year!

A brief excerpt is posted here:

LeAnn Rice, Executive Director, Proverbs 31 Ministries

“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.”
1 Timothy 6:17 (NIV)

Wealth is something I didn’t think I had.

As a single mom widowed over 13 years ago, I don’t have money for extras like new clothes or weekend trips. Therefore, I didn’t think it was possible for me to give much to others and this made me sad. Until I realized it’s not the size of a gift that matters.

It’s the amount of hope wrapped around the gift that makes all the difference.

I learned about true wealth through a sweet little boy I met during a missions trip to Ecuador with Compassion International.

Miguel lives in a one-room house with his mother and three siblings. They share a bed that lies on a dirt floor. They have no bathroom and no electricity. The vegetables his mother used to prepare their evening meal consisted of peelings and rotting parts that certainly would never have made it into one of my recipes. I would have mindlessly thrown them away.

My eyes filled with tears of sadness as I stared true poverty in the face....

To read the rest of the story, click here

We HOPE this story inspires you today and encourages you to hold out hope in your circle of influence. It may be a hurting neighbor, church member, or woman you meet at the gym. Everyone has a story and is in need of hope today....just look in their eyes and you'll see. You'll be glad you did!

If you have any inspiring stories of hope, please send them to: help@ewomen.net as we would love to hear from you...and share your story of hope with others!

Many Blessings,

Julie Clinton, President of Extraordinary Women

Amy Feigel, Director of Extraordinary Women

Lindsay Fitz, Conference Coordinator &

Kaelynn Queen, EW Office Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas